CogSci 2023 Meetups
To facilitate interactions between people who cannot travel to Sydney for CogSci 2023, members of the Cognitive Science society will be organizing meetup groups in a number of cities around the world.
The format of a meetup is at the discretion of the local organizer. Possibilities range from academic workshops with formal presentations to events that are primarily social. Some suggestions about possible elements of a meetup are provided here, and some information about the meetups held last year is available at the 2022 version of this website.
For 2023 meetups are planned in:
- Bengaluru, India (organizers Nikita Ghodke, nikitaghodke04 at gmail.com, and Munna R Shainy, munnarshainy at gmail.com)
- Boston, USA (organizer Jesse Parent, jesse at jopro.org )
- Gandhinagar (Gujarat), India (organizer Shriya Naidu, shriya.n at iitgn.ac.in)
- Hong Kong, China (organizers Zhenguang Cai, Hanlin Wu and Shuqi Wang )
- Shanghai, China (organizers Hu Chuan-Peng, Ji Chen, Haiyang Geng and Qing (Vincent) Wang, vincent.w.qing at gmail.com )
- Seoul, Korea (organizer Yoon Kyung Lee, yoonlee78 at snu.ac.kr )
- Western New York, University of Buffalo, Buffalo NY (organizers Cassandra Jacobs, cxjacobs at buffalo.edu and Lilia Rissman, lrissman at wisc.edu )
Please consider organizing a meetup in your own city! More information for potential organizers is available here.
The Cognitive Science Society is pleased to announce the establishment of the CogSci Grove which aims to mobilise cognitive scientists to offset carbon emissions associated with their professional activities. To date, 1681 trees have been planted in protected sites in the Scottish Highlands where they will create homes for wildlife and forests for the future.