Join the Cognitive Science Society team
The mission of the Society is to promote Cognitive Science as a discipline, and to foster scientific interchange among researchers in various areas of study, including Anthropology, Artificial Intelligence, Education, Linguistics, Neuroscience, Philosophy, and Psychology.
- Creating and implementing open competitions that foster interest in Cognitive Science (e.g., the Cog Sci Mind Challenge)
- Forming connections & collaborations with K-12 education programs
- Evaluating effectiveness of current efforts and recommending a sustainable, long-term plan for outreach activities
Suitable candidates can be at any career level and any area of cognitive science, but would be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent project management skills and attention to detail
- Good knowledge of social media channels (technical expertise not necessary)
- Good communication skills, including ability to communicate to experts and non-experts about cognitive science
- Ability to work in a team
- Wide ranging knowledge of Cognitive Science
- At least an MA/MS (or equivalent experience) in any area of cognitive science
- Experience in the field of K-12 education (e.g., outreach, teaching, policy etc.)
The Cognitive Science Society is committed to a culture of diversity and inclusion. In recruiting for the society, we welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of gender, ethnicity, race, nation of origin, languages spoken, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
This position has an annual stipend of $12,000 with an expected term of at least one year (renewable). Workload will change throughout the year with activities but is expected to be 5 hours per week on average.
Applicants should send a CV and letter of interest to . Applicants should make clear in their letter of interest how their skills and experiences match the responsibilities outlined above, and provide evidence of their organizational and communication skills, especially in working with diverse disciplines and stakeholders. Contact details for references will be requested from shortlisted candidates.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
January 15th, 2024
The Cognitive Science Society is pleased to announce the establishment of the CogSci Grove which aims to mobilise cognitive scientists to offset carbon emissions associated with their professional activities.