Become a member / Renew membership
The annual membership fee is for the current calendar year, January through December.
1. You are a new member or have not renewed since 2018
If you are new to CSS or haven’t renewed your membership in a while, you’ll be required to create an account on our online system. Please follow the below steps to create an account and become an active CSS member:
Steps to becoming a member:
- Click here to access the new membership tool
- Click on the ‘Make an Account’ button
- Fill in your basic contact and affiliation details
- Select a memorable password (please note: your username will automatically be set as the email you provide)
- Click ‘Submit’ button at the bottom of the form to set up your new account
- You will automatically be taken to the online membership form to complete and make your payment
2. You wish to renew your existing membership
If your membership for 2019 is expiring / has expired and you’ll be required to login to the online system to renew your membership. This gives you the chance to update your personal information, your area of expertise and your email preferences, if required.
Steps to renewing your membership:
- Click here to login to the membership tool (if you’ve forgotten your password, click on the link to reset)
- Once logged in, click on the ‘renew membership’ button to go through the process of renewing and paying for CSS membership
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact us directly.
Different rates apply to individuals living in different zones. The residence zone should be your “current” address which will determine your membership zone and your conference fees. Conference rates are determined by your membership type, please make sure to select the correct option.
Zone A includes: US, Australia, Canada, Japan, South Korea, New Zealand, Western Europe [Western Europe is comprised of the 28 member states of the European Union as of 2016 (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom) together with Iceland, Israel, Norway, Switzerland.]
Zone B includes: all other countries not mentioned in Zone A, and rate applies to students and non-students
Retired Membership: Those who actively worked in the field of Cognitive Science but have now retired and who have reached retirement age (60 or older) may apply for retired member status.
Student Membership: Open to full-time students only (Proof of Student ID required)
Qualifications for Zone A Membership:
- Advanced degree in a relevant discipline (e.g., PhD)
- Published research in field of cognitive science
- Other professional activities related to field of cognitive science
ZONE A MEMBERSHIP: $75.00 USD
ZONE A 3-YEAR ZONE A MEMBERSHIP (save $15 USD): $210.00 USD
Zone A - Student
Proof of current enrollment required:
- Student card ID number
- Faculty Advisor
- Advisor’s email
ZONE A STUDENT MEMBERSHIP: $50.00 USD
Please note: The rate for Zone B applies to students and non-students
ZONE B MEMBERSHIP: $30.00 USD
Please note: Those who actively worked in the field of Cognitive Science but have now retired and who have reached retirement age (60 or older) may apply for retired member status
RETIREE MEMBERSHIP: $30.00 USD
The Cognitive Science Society recognizes the following individuals as Honorary Lifetime Members for outstanding, sustained contributions to the general advancement of cognitive science, and in particular, to the Cognitive Science Society.