Resources for Cognitive Scientists to Respond to COVID-19
Adapt your research agenda or volunteer your research/technical skills
- COVID-19, Cognitive Science, And Adaptive Responding: What Can The CogSci Community Do? Ulrike Hahn.
- Crisis knowledge management: Reconfiguring the behavioural science community for rapid responding in the Covid-19 crisis. Ulrike Hahn, David Lagnado, Stephan Lewandowsky, Nick Chater.
- My lab group met to chart our response to COVID-19. Here’s what we learned. Jay J. Van Bevel.
Highlight: Emphasize your own wellbeing, make contingency plans for your research, then think about possible pivots in research to contribute
- Join the PSA’s Rapid-Response COVID-19 Project. Psychological Science Accelerator.
- COVID-19 Social Science Research Tracker. Nate Matias.
- COVID-19 Open Innovation Efforts
examples of different types of open innovation efforts emerging in response to COVID-19
- COVID-19 Open Research Dataset Challenge (CORD-19): An AI challenge with AI2, CZI, MSR, Georgetown, NIH & The White House
“We are issuing a call to action to the world’s artificial intelligence experts to develop text and data mining tools that can help the medical community develop answers to high priority scientific questions.”
- Here Are the Ways Science and Tech Experts Can Volunteer to Help With the Coronavirus Response. Deborah Stine.
- How to Help Science and Tech Experts With the Coronavirus Response. Deborah Stine.
- Royal Society convenes data analytics group to tackle COVID-19.
- 10 Ways Scientists Can Help During The COVID-19 Coronavirus Pandemic. Farah Qaiser.
- Scientists as Citizens: Responding to Community Needs. Arti Garg.
- Hope Is Not a Strategy: What we can do in the wake of COVID-19. 500 Women Scientists.
The Cognitive Science Society is pleased to announce the establishment of the CogSci Grove which aims to mobilise cognitive scientists to offset carbon emissions associated with their professional activities. To date, 1681 trees have been planted in protected sites in the Scottish Highlands where they will create homes for wildlife and forests for the future.